Friday, June 20, 2008

Documentary on Lab Experiments

I have been mulling over this for years. In order to make teaching and learning interesting, I have been thinking and thinking of taking videos of students at their best - doing experiments. But when the time comes, i forgot about it entirely and start thinking about it again when the students are on vacation. There are a few reasons as to why I want to do it. 1) Future students can view the environment of the lab experiment before they conduct it themselves. This is supposed (at least what I think) to give motivation and increase enthusiasm. Further, the students themselves may be able to pinpoint weaknesses in the set-up 2) I can capture good techniques versus bad techniques 3) Students during the shooting, will feel that their role is very important and they are indeed in this case, role models! They will strive to do their best 4)It serves as a record - this experiment may be obsolete in five years' time due to new technology.

The problem is I simply cannot remember to do this. Perhaps someone will remind me. And someone can volunteer to be the cameraman.

2 comments:

Amin Mansor said...

"Perhaps someone will remind me. And someone can volunteer to be the cameraman."

Unfortunately, our cameraman (ayie) graduated last semester.Heheehe... Hopefully, there will be someone replacing his position.

Dr,
Mister Amin of Wakaf Baru?10q Dr.. ada Wakaf Bharu kt blkg. ;)

Wrong link at "IIUM Pharmacy Students". It should be http://iiumpharmacy.blogspot.com

kausar said...

tq. takkan sorang je cameraman...:(